AdSense

Monday, August 2, 2010

French Bean with Salted Egg Yolk 四季豆炒咸蛋黄


This is my husband and my favourite dish and we will always order this if it's available when we dine out.  However, it super sinful for it's high cholesterol from the salted egg yolks.

If you are not afraid of the high cholesterol, try this. You can either sliced the french beans or leave it as it is. And if you prefer to be able to bite into bigger bits of the salted yolks, you can chop it instead of smashing with a folk


Ingredients:
  • 500g French Bean, top and tips removed
  • 2 Salted Egg Yolk
  • 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
  • Salt to taste

How to do it:
  1. Sliced the french bean diagonally or leave it as it is.
  2. Steam the salted egg yolk till cooked.
  3. Smash the yolks.
  4. Heat oil in wok.
  5. Stir fry french beans till just cooked. You'll see the colour of the french beans changed to a deeper green.
  6. Stir in the smashed egg yolks.
  7. Toss to mix well.
  8. Add salt to taste.
  9. Dish and serve.
Note:
  • I cook the whole salted eggs, like how to do hard boiled eggs.  I remove the yolk from the hard boiled salted egg. I find it less messy this way.
  • If you want it more creamy, switch step 5 and step 6. Add 2 tablespoon Evaporated Milk and stir in the smashed egg yolks. After which your return the cooked french bean to toss well.

6 comments:

  1. I like to eat french bean, this dish looks very tempting to me.

    I made similar dish before with bitterguard, tasted very good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! with plain rice or jook..perfect. Same here i'm trying to cut down on the salted eggs too plus salted fish but they are just too yummy!
    Thank you,
    Lisa
    CookNg Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love salted eggs! any good recipes using salted eggs in soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dish! I'm definitely trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love this dish! I first had it in a restaurant in Ipoh - yours look great! thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete