Okay, it's actually not a flan. It's egg dish dressed up to look like a flan. :P
It's another variation of the usual egg and bacon/ham that we like for breakfast. Except this version is less oily. You can have it as it is or serve it with bread, as a sandwich.
- 3 slice Streaky Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sprinkle of Dried Parsley
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Spread butter around an oven proof dish.
- Cut streaky bacon into smaller piece.
- Either scatter around or lay around the side of oven proof dish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Remove and crack 2 eggs into dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Place oven proof dish in a tray.
- Fill water in the tray to reach 2/3 of the dish.
- Continue to bake for 15 minutes or till egg is set.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- It is better to bake the egg in water. It is to prevent the egg from becoming tough and rubbery.
- You can use ham instead of bacon. If using ham, it's not necessary to bake it first.
- Go easy with the salt as bacon and cheese are used here.