This one of my all-time favourite. My husband said it looks like the Roasted Ribs 红烧排骨 that one of the stalls sells in the coffeeshop at my place. ;)
I have made this less dry and without the 'burn' bits we all like. It's with a coating of sweet caramelized sweet sauce instead.
- 700g Meaty Pork Ribs, slightly fatty preferred
- Sesame Seeds, optional
- 5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 40ml Water
How to do it:
- Place ribs in a deep baking dish with the marinade.
- Cover with foil and bake at 190C for 1 1/2 hours.
- Bast with sauce in-between baking.
- Remove ribs and place on a rack. Retain sauce.
- Bast generously with the sauce and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat twice.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seed and serve immediately.
I cut the slab of rib individually. You can cook using the whole slab of ribs instead if you like.