This soup was inspired by Campell's canned soup of the same name. :P
If you like that soup, you'll be surprised how easy it is to make it at home and I dare say, tastier. ;P
Basically, it a combo of Cream of Mushroom and Roasted Garlic but I have tweak my Cream of Mushrooma little here.
- 200g Brown/White Button Mushroom, chopped
- 100g Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 15g Butter
- 300ml Chicken Broth
- 250ml Whipping Cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Roasted Garlic
How to do it:
- Saute sliced shitake mushroom with 1/2 the butter till absorb the butter.
- Dish and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the chopped button mushroom with the remaining butter till it sweat.
- Pour mushroom into the blender.
- Add the broth.
- Blend till desired consistency.
- Pour into a pot.
- Add in the previously cooked shitake mushroom and roasted garlic.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the whipping cream.
- Simmer till garlic has soften.
- You can use either white or brown or both button mushroom.
- Do consider adding Portobello Mushroom too. It makes the soup's flavour richer. It's slightly more expensive though.