Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the taste especially after adding the dried Tangerine Peel. I just need to get over the appearance of the beans. :P
- 300g Fish Fillet (I use Grouper here)
- 2 tablespoon Shredded Ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Black Bean Paste (Please refer below)
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
Black Bean Paste:
- 100g Chopped Fermented Black Beans
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Dried Tangerine Peel
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Oil
How to do it:
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add all ingredients except sugar and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add sugar and stir fry further till ingredients well mixed and fragrant.
- Dish and set aside.
- Arrange ginger on a plate.
- Place fish on top.
- Spread black bean paste over fish.
- Steam for 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Sprinkle spring onions and chilli on fish.
- Pour hot oil over fish.
- Serve immediately.
- Salt is not included as fermented black bean is already salty.
- Add the fermented black bean paste according to your taste.