AdSense

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spicy Fragrant Wings

Wow! How long have it been since my last post? Sorry for the lack of post. My son's first exam is finally over. Phew! It's so stressful trying not to stress the boy too much. I don't remember my parents and teachers pushing me so much when I was having exams when I was younger. I don't even remember revising for exams. :P Times are different now. I'm not the type of parents who wants their kids to score As. I do hope and wish but I'm happy if he pass, especially when this is his first exam. I think he is the one who is stress because he kept saying he thinks he failed the exams. Sigh! Results won't be out till next Tuesday. But I'm not going to think about it anyway. For the first time, I actually looking forward to the June school holidays. I don't care if the kids make a mess of the house and make a lot of noise at home. Okay, maybe just a bit. I have sign up some holiday courses for the kids. No more English, Mathematics and Chinese. It's magic, science and baking!! My son is already looking forward to them. Okay, so much on updates about me. Here's an over-due recipe (and many more waiting to be posted:P) that me and my husband like a lot. Maybe you will like it too. Ingredients:
  • 8 mid joint Chicken Wings
  • 1 tablespoon minced Ginger
  • 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
Marinade:
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Cornflour
Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 8 tablespoon Water
How to do it:
  1. Marinate chicken with marinade for at least an hour.
  2. Deep fry chicken till golden brown.
  3. Drain from excess oil.
  4. In a wok, stir fry the ginger and garlic with 1 tablespoon oil till fragrant.
  5. Pour sauce into wok.
  6. When sauce starts to boils, put in the fried chicken.
  7. Cook till the sauce is thickened and the chicken is well coated.
  8. Dish and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely try this one out. Easy to follow recipe and it looks delicious too. Is Chinese Cooking Wine same as Shaoxing Wine too?

    ReplyDelete