AdSense

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tangy Hot Ribs


This dish always reminds me of Buffalo Wings. They are not the same though, as this one I cooked is not as hot. It's more tangy. The only thing that made it hot is the black pepper. If you can handle hot stuff, add some Tabasco to the sauce. I can never take that. Too hot for me.


Ingredients:
  • 300g Pork Ribs (You can use Chicken Wings too)
  • A dash of Salt and Pepper
  • Cornflour for dusting
  • Oil for frying

Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/3 tablespoon Apple Cider or White Vinegar
  • 2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Water

How to do it:
  1. Marinade the ribs or wings with salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Dust with cornflour and deep fry them till golden brown.
  3. Leave on paper towel to drain.
  4. Combine ingredients for sauce in a sauce pan on low heat.
  5. When the sauce starts to bubble, add in the ribs.
  6. Stir to coat ribs well with sauce.
  7. Serve.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks fantastic! A must-try at home one of these days!
    *saliva dripping!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! The husband likes ribs but I don't like deep frying. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I can't cook well but I enjoyed looking at how people cook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy sia.. that time me and chillycrap were discussing about yr food and about mei mei in sch sia... lol.. she's way too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your site gave the devil in my heart big power. The devil said to me. "Eat this thing which I was sweet, and seemed to be delicious" As a result, I lost a fight with the devil. I was dieting so...
    (T_T)
    From Japan
    http://food-soybean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camemberu,
    Thanks. Yeah, do try this one day. :)

    Didally,
    You can grill it instead of frying if you like.

    Jo-N,
    Thank you.

    Ahdee,
    Thanks. Why leh? ChillyCraps can cook mah. You should ask him to blog about his food also. By the way, have your mum use her Water Oven? I can't live without it. ;)

    My MeiMei cute ah ;) You 2 want to wait for her to be 21? LOL

    LZmommy,
    Welcome. You must have to adjust a bit for your kids though.

    Edamame,
    hahaha ... You should diet. ;)

    ReplyDelete