Okay, this is a kid's side dish. Yay, It doesn't look like a kiddy food. But they find it interesting that their food is served in a spoon instead of the usual. And since I sort of stack the food in layers and there isn't space for them to push the food they don't want aside, they just have to try to eat it. I told them, it's only two small pieces (of mushroom). That did the trick!
- 150g Fish Paste
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped Broccoli (I didn't use the stem part)
- 16 stalk Shimeiji Mushroom
- 8 Baby Corn, sliced half length-wise
- 5 tablespoon Broth
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Oil for cooking
How to do it:
- Mix fish paste with broccoli.
- Shape it into 8 balls and set in a bowl of water.
- Drain and place in a dish to steamed till cooked.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok with oil.
- Saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the baby corn and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add in mushroom and continue stir frying for another 10 seconds.
- Add in the broccoli fish balls and the broth.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add salt to taste.
- Gradually stir in the thickener.
- Dish and serve.
I'm trying to encourage the kids to eat the vegetables. Too much of it will put them off.
So instead of the above said amount, you can add more mushroom and babycorn and also shape more than 8 broccoli fish balls.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.