When I told him I found a recipe on the shortbread he likes, he asked me to do it immediately. Neh. I only did it at night when there's not interruption.
Oh, if you are trying to lose weight don't eat this. It's loaded with butter. Hmm ... can you imagine the aroma of my kitchen when I baked this?
- 500g Butter, softened
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 675g Plain Flour
- 75g Rice Flour
- 55g Demerara Sugar (I used Brown Sugar)
How to do it:
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Add flour and beat on low speed till just combined.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Divide dough into three portion.
- Wrap in plastic or cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Roll each portion of dough between two sheets of baking paper.
- Cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
- Prick with fork (optional).
- Place cut out dough 3cm apart on greased oven tray (I used Glad Baking Paper instead).
- Baked in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or till they turn pale yellow.
- Stand the shortbread on tray for 2 minutes.
- Cool on wired rack and store in airtight container up to two weeks.
You can also add chocolate chips to the dough when you are kneading the dough.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.
Credits: Unknown ... It's a magazine clipping in my scrapbook