Recipe for Herbal Drunken Prawns
- 2 pieces 玉竹 (Solomon's Seal Rhizome), cut into smaller pieces
- 5 pieces 川芎 (Szechwan Lovage Rhizome)
- 4-5 pieces 当归 (Angelica Sinensis)
- 1 small handful 枸杞子 (Wolfberries)
- 2 slices Ginger
- 10 medium prawns, antenna, feelers and legs (etc) trimmed
Marinade for Prawns:
- 1 tablespoon Sake or Chinese Cooking Wine
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon Sake or Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Chicken Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Soak all Chinese herbs except Wolfberries with 100ml hot water for about 3 hours or till they are fully hydrated and set aside.
- Slit the back of the prawns.
- Clean and dab dry.
- Marinate prawns with sake and salt for 20 mins.
- In a pot, add 400 -500ml water (depending how much soup you would like to have).
- Add in the hydrated herbs, ginger and wolf berries and bring to a boil for a minute.
- Add in the seasonings except for salt.
- Add prawns into the soup and like it cook for about a minute or till all prawns are just done.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drizzle sesame oil and serve immediately.
If you want a stronger wine taste, you can add the cooking wine just before you season with salt.
as seen in https://instagram.com/p/7ILRywgdDL