Recipe for Steamed Chicken with Chicken Essence
- 2 Chicken Drumstick, cleaned and dabbed dry
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- a pinch of Salt
- 4 pieces Yu Zhu 玉竹 (Solomon's Seal Rhizome), cut half
- 6 Hong Zao 红枣 (Red Dates), sliced into 3 each
- a small handful Gou Qi Zi 枸杞子 (Wolfberries)
- 1 to 2 bottles Chicken Essence, depending on how much sauce you like
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Rub chicken with salt and cooking wine.
- You can let the chicken marinate for half an hour if you like.
- Add chicken in a deep dish.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with foil.
- Steam for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove foil and bast chicken with the sauce.
- Drizzle with some sesame oil and serve immediately.
- I'm using Sake as cooking wine. If you use Hua Tiow (Chinese Cooking Wine), there will be the Hua Tiow Wine taste.
- I'm using (2 bottles of) New Moon Chicken Essence. If you are using Brand's, please add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar as Brand's Chicken Essence is slightly bitter.
- You can also use Chicken Essence with Cordyceps instead for added flavours.
as seen in https://instagram.com/p/2BBtx6gdEL/