Recipe for Pickled Cucumber
- 1 Japanese Cucumber, washed, scrubbed to remove pointy parts
- 1 tablespoon, lightly Fried or Roasted Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider
- 1/3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- a dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
How to do it:
- Cut cucumber into 2cm thick or into 4 parts then halved, lenghwise, whichever you prefer.
- Put all cut cucumber into a ziploc bag or a container.
- Add roasted garlic and marinade to the cucumber.
- Squeeze out excess air from ziploc bag, if using.
- Refrigerate it for about 4 hours or till ready to serve.
- Turn the bag around or give the cucumber slices a stir occasionally to make sure all the pieces get well marinated.
- Place pickled cucumber in a dish and served with some of the marinade.
- You can add some Japanese La Yu or Chilli if you want it to be spicy.
- Fried or Roasted Garlic adds fragrance but will not overpower the pickled cucumber with a strong garlic smell. You can use raw garlic if you like though.
As seen in https://instagram.com/p/1NpFINgdPL/