Chicken and mushroom are both my kids' all time favourite food. When I'm feeling lazy, I'll grill chicken with mushroom. It can never go wrong.
It's always better than cooking the typical 3 dish 1 soup meal. So much lesser things to prepare and cook. And most importantly so much less washing and cleaning up to do.
- 2 Chicken Thigh, deboned
- 1 box Cremini Mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 100ml Chicken Stock
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon Sake or Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 2 clove Garlic, grated
How to do it:
- Marinate chicken thigh in marinade for an hour.
- Drain and grilled on lightly greased pan, skin side down on medium low heat for 15mins.
- Turn chicken thighs over and grill for another 10mins or till chicken thighs are completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pan.
- Stir in mushroom and a pinch of salt.
- Saute till the juice from the cooking starts to dry up a little.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Season with salt.
- Thicken the sauce with corn flour mixture.
- Drizzle over the chicken thighs and serve.
- Cremini Mushroom are similar to White (Button) Mushroom. It is the one with a light brown cap.
- You can use white mushroom too but I prefer Cremini Mushroom as it has firmer texture and a more earthy flavor compared to the white mushroom.