I have been doing lots of "kitchen experiments" lately. This is one of my successful ones cos my daughter actually loves it.
This is the fried and improved version of this oven grilled winglets.
- 1 boneless chicken thigh or leg, cleaned, dabbed dry and cut smaller.
- 3 pieces Fermented Bean Curd
- 5 tablespoon Fermented Bean Curd Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 2 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Juice
- 1 tablespoon Sake or any other Cooking Wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Potato Flour
- 1 tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
How to do it:
- Combine all marinade together and mix well. You can use zip-loc bag to do this.
- Add in the chicken.
- Coat well and set aside to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in a small pan or wok.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil on paper towel.
- I like to fry in small pan as lesser oil is used. You will have to work in batches though and turn the chicken when frying.
- The chicken thigh that I used is about 300g and I cut it into about 10 one to 2 bite bit size.
- For this recipe, the chicken is coated thinly with the mixture that stay crispy even after it has cool down.