My mind's a blank on what to prepare for the little one for her lunch in school.
This was not what I had planned. It was suppose to be sandwiches but I went home buying the bread and all sort of stuff except ingredients for the sandwich. =_=|| Always so distracted.
So, she had "Pie" (Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Mash), "Pau" (Poached Egg with Egg Crepe) and a slice of "cake" (Musubi) for lunch today.
Instruction on how to make the "Pau" (Poached Egg with Egg Crepe) ...
- Prepared the egg crepe first. It is done by cooking a beaten egg on a oiled pan. You don't fry it so just oil the pan and clean off excess oil with a paper towel. This is to make sure that the egg crepe doesn't stick and tear when you remove it.
- Have a 'piece' of spring onion blanch briefly, with a drop of oil preferred, ready too. This is to help soften the spring onion so it can be used at a string to tie the egg pouch later.
- Have cling wrap placed loosely over a small bowl.
- Crack and egg inside and gather the top and tie it using a part of the cling wrap.
- Move it around in simmer water to cook the egg till the done-ness you want. The egg I did was cooked with cooked white and soft yolk.
- Remove the cling wrap and place it in the middle of the egg crepe.
- Carefully gather up the edge of the egg crepe and tie it using the spring onion. Be gentle.
- And it's done.