I'm re-posting one of my favourite recipes. This recipe brings back lots of memories I had when I was working in a Japanese Company, Rubycon.
I was such a workaholic then. Never would have thought I would give up my job to be a full time homemaker. Some of my ex-colleagues are still with the Company but my ex-boss was being posted to Korea. I hope they are all well.
- 2 slice Cod
- 6 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 1 tablespoon Water
How to do it:
- Mix the marinade well.
- Pour over the the cod and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Lay your baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain cod from marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Simmer the marinade till it thickens. Use this as basting sauce.
- Grill the cod for 20 minutes skin-side up.
- Bast the cod with the sauce a couple of times.
- Carefully turn the cod over.
- Continue to grill, basting the cod a few times till the surface caramelised.
- Serve immediately.
- As this dish contain honey, be careful not to burn the cod. Adjust the temperature of your oven and the timing accordingly.
- Adjust the sweetness of the dressing according to your taste.