AdSense

Saturday, January 4, 2014

{ Breakfast: Pan-Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Burger }



This is one of the many back-dated posts that I mentioned earlier which I meant to share in January but didn't get to do it. So while I have time to update, I'll try to do as much back-dated posts as I can.

For those who are subscribing to my feed, my apologies for the flooding.

I made this for breakfast during one of the weekends, many weeks ago :P. The bun was sliced half. I buttered it a little and pan grilled them. You can catch a glimpse of the grill lines on the underside of the top bun on the picture below. :P I served it with homemade chips here.




Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken Breast, deboned

Marinade:

  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 3 Fresh Garlic, grated
  • 1 tablespoon Sake
  • 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sugar

Teriyaki Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoon Sake
  • 1 tablespoon Mirin
  • 5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Maltose or Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Ginger; done by squeezing grated ginger


How to do it:

  1. Pat dry chicken and add into marinade.
  2. Marinate for an hour.
  3. Heat pan with a little oil.
  4. Drain the chicken meat and pan grill with skin side down.
  5. Flip over when it's beginning to brown.
  6. Pan grill till chicken is almost cooked
  7. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the sauce and simmer.
  8. The sauce should slower starts to thicken a little.
  9. Pour the hot sauce into the grill pan where the chicken is grilling.
  10. Bring the sauce to a boil if it's not so.
  11. Coat the chicken well with the sauce while the sauce is thickening.
  12. Remove once the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
  13. Serve with rice or as a burger like what I have done here.

Note:
  • I'm trying to cut time by cooking the sauce while grilling the chicken. If you are doing so, please make sure you control the timing well. The sauce should not be too thick before adding the chicken. Reduce heat or add a little water if it get too thicken.
  • You don't have to follow my lazy way. You can just finish grilling the chicken then prepare the sauce. After that  then add the chicken to the sauce to coat it. ;)
  • You can use ready made teriyaki sauce if you like too.




No comments:

Post a Comment