I loves Nama Chocolate but making them at home is chaotic. I must work super fast and it doesn't hold well at room temperature. Meaning you have to serve and eat it immediately. Best way to prevent it from melting like Frosty is to nip it from the fridge. :P
Me and the kids recently did some Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles and that gave me an idea. I tweaked the 2 recipes and come out with this new recipe.
I used the mixture to make tarts and tartlets. I have remaining chocolate mixture left in the fridge and will be making chocolate balls later.
- 350g Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- 200g Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoon Icing Sugar
- 6 Digestive Biscuit, crushed into fine crumbs
- 50g Unsalted Butter, softened
How to do it:
- Mix biscuit crumbs with butter well.
- Press buttered crumbs into springform pan or silicone cups.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes or till it's firm.
- Meanwhile, heat up the whipping cream but do not boil it.
- Pour in the chocolate chips.
- Stir to melt them.
- Add in the cream cheese, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Stir to mix well.
- Scoop and pour into the pan and/or cups with harden biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours till it's firm.
- You can freeze the tart and bring out for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Bigger tarts will required longer time to soften.
- If you wish to cut the tart when it's still hard, just warm you knife in hot water. Dry it before cutting.