AdSense

Friday, November 15, 2013

Chicken Yakitori
鸡肉串烧


My sister's husband is away on a business trip and she was "freed". :P  She came over to our place for dinner 2 nights in a row.

The night before I had plans to make Chicken Yakitori and thought I will just prepared a simple Yakitori Don with maybe a bowl of miso soup. It all changed when I woke up.



The morning I went to the wet market, I saw really nice Daikon and instantly made me crave for Radish and Ribs Stew. But I didn't have time to do that as it was going to be a busy day for me. I decided to made Oden instead since the kids love that too.

My sister messaged later and said that she will be coming over for dinner. I realised there might not be enough food. I was only planning to make Chicken Yakitori, Oden and Steamed Egg Custard. I decided to make an additional dish, Pork and Vegetable Stew. The Cheese Stuff Pork Cutlet was an last minute additional as I still have a few pieces of pork left and I didn't want to keep them.

I end up cooking what you see above yesterday (for my sister). I don't usually cook so much for dinner but sometime I just go a little crazy and stuff everybody silly with food. :P

Here's an update recipe of the Chicken Yakitori that I made.


Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken Breast, debone and cut into bit sizes

Marinade:
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 3 Fresh Garlic, grated
  • 1 tablespoon Sake
  • 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sugar


Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoon Sake
  • 1 tablespoon  Mirin
  • 5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Maltose or Sugar

How to do it:
  1. Pat dry chicken and add into marinade.
  2. Marinate for an hour.
  3. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the sauce and simmer for about 10mins or till sauce begin to thicken.
  4. Set aside to use it for basting.
  5. Drain the chicken meat and thread the meat using bamboo skewer (soaked in water before hand).
  6. Grill chicken meat in preheated oven at 220c for 15mins or till you see oil dripping out of the meat.
  7. Reduce to oven temperature to 200c.
  8. Bast chicken meat with the sauce and grill for 7mins.
  9. Turn it around and do the same.
  10. Repeat the above 2 steps for another 2 times.
  11. Remove and serve with a squeeze of lemon if you like.

Note:
  • The meat will turn hard when it's cooled if you are using sugar for the sauce. Unless you are going to eat it while it's hot, I strongly suggest using maltose instead of sugar for the sauce.
  • If you like it a little charred on the edge, increase the oven temperature to 200c the last 5mins of the grilling.




No comments:

Post a Comment