Mushroom is the vegetable that we eat the most and it's my daughter's No. 1 favourite. Canned, fresh, dried ... she loves them all. She can finish this serving on her own.
I have to cook with mushroom at least twice a week. I have been making mushroom soup every week for her and she never get sick of it.
She calls herself a Mushroom Lover. =_=|||
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Cooking Oil
- 1 box White Button Mushroom (about 150g), sliced half or in 3 depending on size
- 6 Fresh Shitake Mushroom or equal amount as above, sliced half or in 3 depending on size
- 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- a pinch of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Melt butter in pan.
- Stir fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add in all the mushrooms.
- Sir fry for while to coat mushroom with melted butter.
- Add in sake and continue cooking for a minute.
- Add in oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking till (button) mushrooms have softened.
- Dish and serve immediately.
If you do not want or cannot take Sake, you can replace it with stock or just water.