AdSense

Friday, September 6, 2013

Shortbread Cookies
奶油酥餅


Last week I dropped my mobile phone and the screen cracked. Such luck! I was only able to send it for repairs 2 days ago after the Teachers-Parents Conference. After that, I rushed to get butter and flour to make cookies for Teachers' Day. I should have planned earlier but my mind was in a blank.

As I was rushing for time, I didn't get the kids to be involved. I just gave them so fancy papers to make cards for their teachers.

I made some plain shortbread cookies and some with sugar sprinkles. Personally, I preferred the ones with sugar sprinkles as they are sweeter. :P  If you would like a sweeter plain cookies, increase the amount of sugar used. I was lazy to make 2 dough and just make 1 dough with lesser sugar (as stated in my recipe below).



Ingredients:
  • 500g Butter, softened
  • 100g Brown Sugar
  • 170g Caster Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
  • 675g Plain Flour
  • 75g Rice Flour
  • Demerara Sugar or Coloured Sugar Sprinkles

How to do it:
  1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
  2. Add flour and beat on low speed till just combined.
  3. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.
  4. Divide dough into 3-4 portions.
  5. Roll each portion of dough between two sheets of baking paper.
  6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  7. Cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
  8. Sprinkle with Demerara or Coloured sugar.
  9. Prick with fork (optional).
  10. Place cut out dough apart as they will expand during baking.
  11. Baked in the preheated oven at 150C for 25 minutes or till they turn pale yellow.
  12. Stand the shortbread on tray for 2 minutes.
  13. Cool on wired rack and store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment