In my previous post, I mentioned that my kids have beginning to enjoy eating clams.
I bought some clams and saved some to add to their favourite steamed egg custard. Apparently, the clams weren't enough for them. Hence they ate the Steamed Clams with Herbs and Tomatoes too.
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 160ml Chicken Stock
- 250g Clams (more if you like)
- 1-2 Dried Scallop
- 1 teaspoon Cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
How to do it:
- Clean clams and steam for 2 mins or till clams have slightly opened.
- Open up the clams and remove the clam meat. Strain and reserve the clam juice.
- Soak the dried scallop in 5 tablespoon of hot water before hand.
- Beat egg lightly in a bowl
- Add broth, clam juice and salt.
- Mix well.
- Sieve the egg mixture if you want a smoother result.
- Pour into a shallow flat dish.
- Add clams.
- Cover the bowl with foil.
- Heat a pot of water for steaming.
- When the water starts to boil, put in the dish.
- Remove when egg is set.
- While the egg is cooking, tear the scallop into strands.
- Return the dried scallop strands to the water.
- Add in oyster sauce and corn flour.
- Mix well.
- Bring the sauce to a boil while gently stirring it.
- Remove and pour over the steamed egg and tofu.
- Drizzle with sesame seed oil if you like.
- If you would like to have stuffed clams in the egg custard like what I did, mix 50g minced pork with 50g finely chopped prawn with 1 egg white and 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour till paste-like.
- Stuff some paste in the clams from step 1.
- Place the clams (shells) in the egg mixture in step 8 before adding the clams in step 9.