AdSense

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Steamed Clams with Herb and Tomatoes
百里香和蕃茄蒸蛤蜊


My kids have recently learned how to enjoy clams. My son loves the spicy clams. My daughter can't take spicy food so she has been bugging me to steam some clams for her.

I bought a kilogram clams and saved some to steam them with egg (recipe coming up soon) and used the rest to prepare this for my dinner.

However, the kids ate this up as well. =_=|||



Ingredients:
  • 750kg Clams, washed and cleaned
  • 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 3 tablespoon Sake
  • 1/2 teaspoon Chicken Stock
  • 150ml Water
  • 2 sprig Thyme (I'm using Lemon Thyme from my Mini Garden)
  • a handful Cherry Tomatoes, half (I'm using my homegrown Cherry Tomatoes ^^)

How to do it:
  1. Prepare 2 layers of baking paper in an oven proof dish and set aside.
  2. Heat wok and add oil.
  3. Stir fry garlic till fragrant but not brown.
  4. Add in wine, water and chicken stock.
  5. Bring to a simmer.
  6. Turn off fire and set aside.
  7. Arrange clams in the baking paper.
  8. Scatter around thyme and cherry tomatoes.
  9. Pour the stock over the clams.
  10. Gather the edge of the baking paper and loosely tie it.
  11. Bake in a preheated oven at 240C for 12 mins or till clams are opened.
  12. Discard any clams that remain closed.
  13. If you want to cook it on stove top, wrap the piece of foil on the outer layer.
  14. Cook it on a pan till clams are opened.
  15. Season with salt if necessary.

Note:
  • Add chopped onion and celery for better taste.
  • Stir fry them after step 3 till they are softened and continue with the rest of the instructions.

I have cut down my Cherry Tomato Plant to grow new plants.
These were the last of my homegrown Cherry Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment