I had always wanted to try Crab with Tang Hoon aka Glass Noodles. I never had the chance; mainly because of the kids. Hence, to date I do not know how it tasted like. :P
I decided to do a trail on error for this dish and it turn out to become my son's favourite. He skipped his usual dinner and finished this whole lot, excepting the crab.
My food reviewer (husband :P) said my version is more like what he had in China which is a bit saucey. Those in Singapore are drier and the tang hoon is more fragrant. However, he thought it was pretty tasty. ^^ It will be better if dark soy sauce was added though to give the tang hoon more colour. I didn't notice that I had run out of it. Next time, it will be better. :)
- 1 Crab Crab, cleaned and chopped into 4 parts
- 100g Glass Noodles aka Tang Hoon
- 4 slices Ginger
- 3 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 500ml Chicken Stock (reduce if you prefer it drier)
- Salt to taste.
How to do it:
- Soak tang hoon till it's soften.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat wok with a tablespoon oil.
- Stir fry ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the crabs.
- Stir-fry till crab turns red.
- Add in the seasonings except for salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the tang hoon.
- Simmer for about 10-15 mins to let the tang hoon absorb the sauce and flavour.
- Stir fry to evenly cook the tang hoon.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Serve immediately.