I have shared this recipe a few years ago. I seldom make this as we prefer prawns steamed, grilled, and especially cooked with salted eggs.
I happened to have half a pack of instant noodle so I thought it would be nice for a change since we have not had this for a while; with an updated recipe. ;)
If you do not like to eat or suck on the prawn heads or you intent to keep it for stock making, you can leave it out. The results will look like what I have done previously. You can have a look HERE.
- 8 medium Prawns, shelled leaving head and tail intact
- 1/2 pack Instant Noodles
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Chicken Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder or 1 clove Garlic, grated
- a dash of Pepper
- a pinch of Salt
- Corn flour for dusting
- Egg, beaten
- Oil of frying
How to do it:
- Cook the instant noodle is salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove the intestinal tract using a toothpick or slit the prawn on the back and belly to remove.
- Marinate with cooking wine, chicken powder, pepper and salt for 5 minutes.
- Dust prawns with corn flour.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Pick up some cooked instant noodles and coil around the prawns.
- Have enough oil to in a pot to cover the prawns.
- When oil is hot, fry till noodle turned golden brown and prawn turned red.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your preferred sauce.
- You can skip steps 5 and 6 if you like. However, the prawns will be a bit drier.
- You can use fresh noodle (like those wanton noodles) to replace instant noodles.
- My dipping sauce consist of a mixture of apple cider, sugar, worcestershire sauce and sesame oil.