I did this to go with Maltose Rib 2 weeks ago. It is really easy to do and there are so many ways to season it with.
Here, I seasoned it with truffle salt, paprika and pamensan cheese. It was so tasty that I had to control myself not to finish it. :P Try it with your preferred seasonings if you like.
- 3-4 medium Potato, skin peeled and cut into chunks or wedges
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1-2 pinch Salt (I use Truffle Salt)
Sprinkle of Dried Parsley (optional)
Oil for frying
How to do:
- Boil a pot of water seasoned with salt.
- Place potatoes into the water to boil for 10-15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain and pat dry the potato wedges.
- Heat a pot of oil.
- Shallow or deep fry the cooked potato wedges till lightly golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese immediately.
- Season with paprika and salt once the Parmesan cheese has stick to the potatoes.
- Toss gently to mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also leave the potato skin on. Just scrub it clean before cooking it.
- The time needed to cook the potatoes depends on the type of potato used and the size it is cut into.
- The potato wedges are ready if it is easy to poke a toothpick in them.
- You have to spinkle the Parmesan cheese immediately when you remove the potato wedges from the oil, so the heat can melt the cheese and stick.
- However, it is better to let the oil drain away from the potato wedges before you add the paprika and salt so that the potato wedges will not be over covered with the seasonings.