It was suppose to be pancakes for breakfast but the kids first all the milk before I could get some. Hence, I decided to make donut (balls) instead.
As premix pancake mix is use here, the texture is unlike the 'real' donut which is a bit chewy. It is more like cake and it's crispy on the outside. However, since it's not the actual 'real' donut, there isn't any waiting time for the dough to rise. You just mix it, shape it and fry it. Pretty easy and fast.
- 150g Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 20g Granulated Sugar
- 20g Cold Butter, chopped int small pieces
- Oil for frying
- All purpose flour for dusting
- Icing sugar for dusting
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients, except oil and icing sugar together. Mixing by hand will be easier.
- Mix and knead till the mixture turn into a dough.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the table top or you can just use your table top.
- Dust with flour.
- Take some dough and roll into a ball.
- Use your palm to flatten the dough on the dusted baking paper to about 1cm in height.
- Lightly dust the top of the dough.
- Dust a circle cutter. I use a piping nozzle which is about 3cm in diameter.
- Cut the flatten dough with the cutter.
- Repeat till all the dough have finished.
- Heat oil for frying. It should be hot but not smoking.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Gently drop the circle dough into the oil to fry.
- They cook very fast, so remember to keep turning so they will fry evenly.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.