This is the second dish that I prepared last Friday that I will be sharing the recipe.
In fact this, like the Pork and Vegetable Stew, is my old recipe which I'm trying to improve. Now the pork tasted better and you can fry it on it's own without cheese stuffed in it.
- 250g Lean Pork, about 6 slices
- 3 slices Cheese, 1 for each Cutlet
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Plain Flour for dusting
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Mirin
- 1/2 tablespoon Sake or Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Juice
- a dash of Ground Black Pepper
How to do it:
- Pat meat dry with paper towel.
- Tenderise and flatten the meat on both side with a meat mallet till the meat expand and thin.
- Marinate the meat with seasonings for at least half an hour.
- Cut cheese into half or to size to fit inside the meat. Keep the cheese away from the side as it will melt and sip through the meat when you fry.
- Cover with another piece of meat.
- Dust with flour.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry till it turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately, here with BBQ sauce.
- If you prefer more cheese, you can add another half a slice. I use 1 1/2 slices for my cutlet.
- Although we want to get the meat thin, try to be careful not to over do it till it's too thin as it may tear during frying causing the cheese to oozes out.
- If you would like to make plain pork cutlet without the cheese, just skip steps 4 and 5.