I bought a packet of Kanimi Surimi (imitation snow crab leg) to add for making Fried Rice and Steamed Egg Custard. The kids love this particular type (note: expensive type =_=|||)
All the pieces were stuck together frozen. I have to thaw the whole packet and finish it within days because I do not want to refreeze it. I also have half a pack of Japanese Koebi close to expiry. :P
My auntie used to make egg omelette with similar type of Koebi. She bought it from the grocer selling dried food stuff. It adds texture to the omelette and also fragrance too.
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 - 5 Kanimi Surimi (Imitation Snow Crab Leg) 帝王蟹肉棒, cut into pieces
- 10g Kobei (Dried Baby Shrimps) 小虾子干
- 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander (optional)
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
How to do it:
- Heat oil and add in the koebi.
- Stir fry quickly for a few seconds.
- Add in the the surimi and continue to stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add in beaten egg seasoned with salt.
- Sprinkle on coriander if using.
- Stir quickly to mix well with ingredients.
- Spread out and let the omelette fry on both side till done.
- Dish and serve.