I was packing my pantry and found 2 packet of Morinaga Pancake Mix expiring this month. Not wanting to waste them, I decided to use 1 packet to make pancakes as my dinner :P
While making my 2nd pancake, the little one came into the kitchen asking for help with her homework. I decided to pour the reminding batter into muffin cups and baked them instead. :P
As I did some adjustment to the instruction on the packaging, the results of the baked pancake turned out not too bad. It's like a cross between cupcake and muffin.
I made 2 large pancakes and 4 cupcakes or about 7-8 cupcakes without making pancakes, with the batter. If you have the same pancake mix, you might want to give it a try.
- 1 packet Morinaga Pancake Mix (160g)
- 2-3 tablespoon Icing Sugar
- 140ml Fresh Milk
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Whisk till smooth with no lumps (I used a blender to do it).
- Let the batter rest for 5 mins.
- Pour batter into muffin cup till 2/3 full.
- Bake at preheat oven at 180C for 12 mins.
- Let it cool and add whipping cream or other toppings if you like.
You can make regular pancake using this recipe. The pancakes will rise higher and will be fluffier.