This is one of my husband's and son's favourite dish.
It's easy to do make and it's great that my son who doesn't like vegetable, enjoys this dish. Probably because it's deep-fry. :P
You can prepare this early and bring it out to deep-fry when you are ready to serve it. Oh, I shallow fry using a small saucepan so I don't use so much oil. You just have to turn it once.
- 10 slices Shabu Shabu Pork Slices
- 10 slices Japanese Nori (seaweed)
- 1-2 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- a dash Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Cornflour for dusting
- Panko or Breadcrumbs for coating
How to do it:
- Dab pork slices dry and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place a slice of seaweed on top.
- Start rolling from one end till completely rolled up.
- Dust with cornflour, dip in beaten egg and coat with panko.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.