I vaguely remembered having these when I was a little girl. I don't remember how it tasted like though.
After trying them out after so many years, I find that it's like eating the deep version of Muah Chee. It's sort of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Sadly, It didn't bring back my childhood memories. :P
- 250g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 20g All purpose/Plain Flour
- 1/3 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- White Sesame Seed for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- 80g White Sugar
- 140ml Water
How to do it:
- Prepare the sugar solution by simmering the sugar in water till it dissolved.
- Set aside to cool for later use.
- Mix glutinous flour and plain flour together.
- Add the sugar solution, vanilla essence and egg to the flour mixture.
- Mix and knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll dough about 5g-7g into a ball.
- Coat with white sesame seeds.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.