AdSense

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheesy Meatball Soup
芝士肉圆汤


I was clearing some cheese and decided to use it on meatballs. I usually fried the meatballs but I wanted to do minimum cleaning, hence, I used the meatballs to make soup instead.

I'm not sure if people are acceptable with having cheese 'in' soup. I'm odd I guess. I kinda like it.

Ingredients:
  • 100g Minced Chicken
  • 100g Prawn, shelled and minced
  • 100g Fish Paste
  • 3 slice Cheese, cut into 4 pcs each
  • a tablespoon Cornflour
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 litre Chicken Stock 
  • Coriander and/or Spring Onions, chopped (optional)

    How to do it:
    1. Mix chicken, prawn and fish paste together.
    2. Add chopped coriander to the paste if using
    3. Season with pepper and salt.
    4. Add cornflour and mix well.
    5. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of paste onto your (clean) oiled palm.
    6. Take a piece of cheese, cut it further into 4s and stack up.
    7. Push cheese into the middle of the meat paste.
    8. Fold in the paste so that it covers the cheese stack.
    9. Shape it with your palms.  
    10. Gently drop into boiling stock.
    11. Bring soup to a simmer.
    12. Cook till meat balls are well done.   
    13. Add salt to taste.
    14. Served with a dash of sesame oil.






    1 comment:

    1. This is interesting! I have not try cooking meatballs in this way before and would love to try this :D

      I really enjoy browsing through all your delicious cooking and now I'm your latest follower :D

      ReplyDelete