I was clearing some cheese and decided to use it on meatballs. I usually fried the meatballs but I wanted to do minimum cleaning, hence, I used the meatballs to make soup instead.
I'm not sure if people are acceptable with having cheese 'in' soup. I'm odd I guess. I kinda like it.
- 100g Minced Chicken
- 100g Prawn, shelled and minced
- 100g Fish Paste
- 3 slice Cheese, cut into 4 pcs each
- a tablespoon Cornflour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- Coriander and/or Spring Onions, chopped (optional)
How to do it:
- Mix chicken, prawn and fish paste together.
- Add chopped coriander to the paste if using
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Add cornflour and mix well.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of paste onto your (clean) oiled palm.
- Take a piece of cheese, cut it further into 4s and stack up.
- Push cheese into the middle of the meat paste.
- Fold in the paste so that it covers the cheese stack.
- Shape it with your palms.
- Gently drop into boiling stock.
- Bring soup to a simmer.
- Cook till meat balls are well done.
- Add salt to taste.
- Served with a dash of sesame oil.