As mentioned in one the the earlier post on #cookforfamily, I'll be sharing the soup that I have prepared for that meal.
This is one of the family's all time favourite soup. I'm pairing the Lotus Roots here with peanuts. Another of our favourite pairing is with Cranberry Beans (珍珠豆).
I'm re-posting this recipe here as the older post I shared some time back is missing the photo. :( Blogger got hungry and 'ate' up the photos in my blog from year 2006 to 2007. I still have a year's posts that's missing the photos which I'm finding time to add them back to the post.
If you come across posts, especially post from the 2 years mentioned, you will see a blank black patch. There's no problem with your browser or my blog. It's just missing. :/
Enjoy this soup while I find time to reload the missing photos. ;P
- 300g Pork Ribs
- 1 section Lotus Roots (about 400g)
- 80g Peanuts
- 1 pieces Dried Octopus
- 8 Dried Red Dates, pitted
- 1.8 litre Water
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water for 5 min then remove.
- In a new pot of water, add in all ingredients except salt.
- Bring it to boil and turn down fire.
- Continue to simmer for 3 hours.
- Add salt to taste.