A few days ago, someone send me a message asking for a fruit salad suggestion. We exchanged messages on it and I couldn't stop thinking about it after that.
I think the fruit salad with the dressing I suggested should work but I had to try it out just to make sure. Cannot 'sabo' people right? :P Later, it taste horrible, how? :P
Since I had all the ingredients for the dressing and lots of fruits (that I'm trying to clear), I went ahead to try it.
Everything was ok except the dressing smelt a bit strong of the apple cider it had. So I added mint leaves. It helped only a bit but it wasn't as bad when it's added to the salad. It actually goes well with the fruits.
Was a relief for me after that. :P So, note to self, no more
These are what I have in the salad bowl:
- Alfalfa spouts
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Seedless Red Grapes, halved
- Rock Melon, scooped using melon baller
- some Orange sacs, optional
The ingredients for the Vinaigrette Dressing, to be chilled before use, are:
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice (either freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider
- Juice from 1 Lime Juice
- Fine sugar to taste
- 5 Mint Leaves, crushed (removed before serving)