This is the second time I experiment on this dish and this time it turned out good.
On the first time, I used Tilapia. We just didn't like the taste of that fish, even with the sweetness of the Chinese Herbs used, it just didn't taste right. Love it with snapper though.
I bought the snapper from the wet market. You can always use Cream Snapper Fillet, which can be easily found in supermarket.
- 1 thick slice Snapper Fillet, cleaned and pat dry
- 3-4 slice Ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 6 Seedless Red Dates, sliced
- 7g Cordyceps Militaris
- 2 tablespoon Stock (I'm using Chicken Stock
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
How to do it:
- Rub snapper with salt and set aside.
- Place red dates and Cordyceps Militaris in stock.
- Seal with cling wrap or foil and steam for 10 minutes.
- Place ginger slices in a deep dish.
- Place snapper over the ginger.
- Pour stock with red dates and Cordyceps Militaris and Chinese Cooking Wine over snapper.
- Steam for 10 to 15 minutes or till snapper is completely cooked.
- Spoon the sauce from the dish and pour over snapper generously.
- Drizzle with sesame oil if you like and serve immediately.