AdSense

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Prawn Croquette
虾子可乐饼


This was one of the dishes I made for my kids' lunch boxes today.

You can make this in advance and fry it when you are ready. You can even add mixed vegetables (corn, peas and chopped carrots). I didn't cos I was trying to get the kids to eat potato. I didn't want to push my luck by adding too much things in it.

I added some cheese instead, obviously not enough of it and the wrong type this time. I would suggest using Cheddar and Mozzarella. Parmesan Cheese is nice too. I usually use those but I was clearing whatever I have in the fridge, so this is it. :P

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium Potatoes, cooked and mashed
  • 6 Medium Prawn, shelled and deveined
  • Cheese of your choice
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • All purpose flour for dusting
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Oil for frying

How to do it:
  1. Blanch prawns till almost cooked.
  2. Dab dry and set aside.
  3. Add salt and pepper to taste to mashed potatoes.
  4. Add mix vegetables if you like.
  5. Oil your palms, so the mashed potato won't stick on your palms.
  6. Scoop about a tablespoon of mashed potato onto your palm.
  7. Add some cheese and place a prawn on it.
  8. Add more cheese and cover with half to a tablespoon of mashed potato.
  9. Shape and cover the prawn well.
  10. Dust with flour shaking excess.
  11. Dip into beaten egg.
  12. Coat with breadcrumbs.
  13. Deep fry till golden brown.
  14. Drain and serve immediately.

Note:
  • If you are using cheese singles, cut each piece into 4 strips and wrap each prawn with 1 to 2 strips of cheese, depending on the size of the prawn.
  • To make it more cheesy, you can mix Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese together with mashed potato.
  • As all ingredients are cooked, you don't have to deep fry it for too long. Just enough to get it into a light golden brown shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment