This is an simple and quick soup especially for mushroom lovers.
Enoki Mushroom in soup is my daughter new found love. :P Previously, she will only eat it if I made Crispy Enoki Mushroom.
She pours this over her rice to turn it into Mui Fan (绘饭). =_=||| Well, as long as she likes it, she can have it anyway she wants it.
How to do it:
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 500ml Water
- 500g Crab Meat, defrost and drained (optional)
- 1 pack Enoki Mushroom, roots chopped, cleaned and separated into small bunch
- 8 Fresh Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- Salt to taste
- Corn Flour Mixture To thicken the soup
- Bring the chicken stock and water to a boil.
- Add in crab meat and sliced shitake mushroom.
- Bring to a simmer till mushroom has cooked well.
- Add in the enoki mushroom and cook for a minute.
- Season with Chinese cooking Wine, oyster sauce and salt to taste.
- Add some chicken powder if you like.
- Thicken with corn flour mixture.
- Turn of fire and stir-in beaten egg.
- Serve with or with black vinegar.