AdSense

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate Milk Pudding
巧克力牛奶布丁


We are an odd family who doesn't like soya beancurd (豆花). Well, all except my husband. So even when there was a craze over homemade soy beancurd amongst my Facebook friends sometime back, it never tempted me to make it.

This milk pudding is what I always make for my family which has the smooth texture the soy beancurd has. I tweaked using my old mango pudding recipe, using milk instead of mango juice. As I used gelatin here, it will 'melt' (生水) if you leave it out for too long. So it's best to serve when you are ready to eat.

You can see that my pudding has 2 layers. That's because I stirred in some chocolate syrup before I pour the mixture into the cups. The syrup settled to the bottom and form the darker layer. You can leave that out if you don't want it.

Ingredients (for 4 cups):
  • 400ml Chocolate Milk
  • 100ml Whipping Cream
  • 15g Gelatin
  • Sugar/Chocolate syrup to taste (optional)

How to do it:
  1. Mix Chocolate Milk and whipping cream well.
  2. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  3. Add in gelatin.
  4. Stir gently to melt gelatin completely.
  5. Add sugar or chocolate syrup if you like. Sugar to melt completely.
  6. Pour mixture into cups.
  7. Chill in fridge till set.
  8. Serve chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment