This is one of the sides we like. It's juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
The tofu puff helps to trap the oil during deep-frying so the inside is not oily and at the same time, the outside is crunchy.
I usually deep fry it twice so the outside is more crunchy. I will fry it before hand and when it's time to serve, I will deep fry it for just a little while again to make it more crunchy on the outside.
- 10 small Tofu Puff
- 100g minced pork
- 100g fish paste
- 200g prawn, smashed
- a dash of Pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
How to do it:
- Cut on a side of the tofu puff and gentle separate the inside.
- Carefully turn the tofu puff inside out and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Stuff the inverted tofu puff with the mixed meat.
- 'Tear' out some of the dried tofu on the tofu puff to cover the opening so the meat will not be exposed.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- If you want the outer tofu puff to be more crispy, deep fry it again. This time deep fry it it in a shorter time to dry it.
- I didn't minced the prawn into paste-like as I like to still bite into it. It makes the filling has more bite to it.
- You can add in chopped waterchestnut in the filling for crunch.