This is a remake of a dish that I shared sometime back.
I love adding Tobiko (fish roe) as it gives the salad the extra crunch. I will use Ebiko (shrimp roe) if I can't get Tobibo. For those who are totally unable to get Tobiko or Ebiko, may like to try Cavier. It's a lot more saltier than Tobiko and Ebiko. So it might want to use it sparingly. Otherwise, just leave that out.
I'm going to list, as a guide, on the quantity of ingredients used here. You are free to adjust accordingly to your liking.
- 5 Crab Stick or Imitation Snow Crab Legs, shredded
- 1/2 Japanese Cucumber, seeds removed, julienne and soak in cold water for 2 mins
- 4 tablespoon Whole Kernel Corn, steamed and cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Tobiko or Ebiko
- Japanese Mayonnaise
How to do it:
- Drain cucumber and corn.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mine is in the order of cucumber, snow crab legs, corn and tobiko.
- Drizzle some mayonnaise and serve.