I had marinated the winglets with Hosin Sauce the night before, intending to use cook it the next day but changed my mind.
I tweaked my recipe a little and oven grilled them for supper instead. Then were slightly burned but that doesn't affect the taste. It was really good. My husband didn't even reject me when I offered to let him have more. :P
If you like something tangy, you would love this. :)
- 12 Chicken Mid-joint
- 4 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Maltose
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Juice of 1/2 - 1 Lemon
- Additional 1 Calamansi to be squeezed over grilled winglets (optional)
How to do it:
- Marinate chicken mid joint with Hoisin Sauce the night before or for at least 4 hours.
- Combine maltose, garlic powder and lemon juice together.
- Add in to the marinated chicken and continue to marinate for half an hour.
- Drain winglets but retain the marinade.
- Heat marinade in a pan and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Cook till it is thicken. Use this as the basting sauce.
- Meanwhile, grill winglets in a preheated oven at 220C for 25 minutes, basting it with the thickened marinade every 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with juice of a calamansi if you like.