AdSense

Friday, March 30, 2012

Chicken Cutlet with Black Pepper Sauce
黑胡椒鸡扒


I just received my Happy Call Jumbo Grilled Pan recently to replace my current grill pan which has lost it non-stick surface.

I love to have grill lines on my food but I was a bit disappointed that my grilled chicken just couldn't get the grill lines as the grill lines on the pan are too shallow. Other than that, the pan works perfectly, with minimum oil splatter as I can cover the pan while grilling the chicken.

You see this commonly served in restaurant. It is a very easy and you can make it yourself at home. You can either use instant black pepper sauce or like me, make it yourself so you can adjust the the sauce to your liking.

I make this rather often as it's one of my and my husband favourite. You will be surprise how easy it is. :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 Chicken Thigh, deboned
  • 4-5 New Potatoes or 1 regular Potato

Marinade:
  • 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/3 tablespoon Sake or Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 2 clove Garlic, grated

Black Pepper Sauce:
  • 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
  • 50ml Water

How to do it:
  1. Marinate chicken thigh in marinade for an hour.
  2. Drain and grilled on lightly greased pan, skin side down on medium low heat for 15mins.
  3. Turn chicken thighs over and grill for another 10mins or till chicken thighs are completely cooked.
  4. Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water to cook the potatoes till tender.
  5. Remove potato skin, cut into small pieces if necessary, and set aside.
  6. When chicken is done, dish and set aside.
  7. Slightly pan grill the potatoes on the same pan you grill the chicken.
  8. Set aside with the chicken thighs.
  9. To prepare the black pepper sauce, mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan.
  10. Constantly stir it while bring it to a simmer over low heat till it thickens.
  11. Do not cook over heat it over high heat or boil it otherwise it will be very starchy.
  12. Adjust the sauce to your liking.
  13. Drizzle over the chicken thighs.

Note:
You can add the dripping (all the brown bits minus the oil) together with the sauce ingredients and cook it together.

1 comment: