I always a can of top shell in pantry. My husband loves it and so do some of my friends. It's a common side dish you will enjoy with a mug of ice cold beer.
It's pretty easy to prepare so if you have friends dropping by unexpectedly, you can always serve this. Maybe, you might have to stock-up 2 cans instead. ;)
- 6 pieces Top Shell, sliced
- 1 red Chilli or Chilli Padi, sliced
- 2 Shallot, sliced
- 1 sprig Coriander, chopped
- 2 leaves Lettuce, sliced
- Juice of 3 Calamansi
- a dash of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil or Olive Oil
How to do it:
- Place sliced lettuce in a dish and set aside.
- Mix seasonings well.
- Add in the sliced top shell and the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss well.
- Place the seasoned top shell on the lettuce and serve.