I learned this really simple dish from a friend. I like how she uses fried garlic to steam the fish. You can smell the aroma of the fried garlic when you open the lid of your steamer.
- A piece of Cod
- 2 - 3 tbsp chopped Garlic
- a pinch of Salt and a dash of Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chicken Powder or Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Wash and pat dry cod.
- Deep fry 1/2 portion of the garlic till lightly brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Stir fry the remaining garlic till fragrant.
- Add in seasoning and fried garlic and mix well.
- Arrange fish on dish.
- Top with seasoned garlic.
- Steam for 8 minutes or till cod is completely cooked.
- Drizzle some sesame seed oil if desired.
- Served immediately.