AdSense

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Clams in Miso
味噌炒蛤蜊


My original plan was to make spicy clams but realised I had some ingredients short. Hence, I decided to tweak the recipe a little.

I had some miso left. I save a little to use on this dish after using some of it to make miso soup my kids.


My husband  could tell I used miso and thought it tasted a little like fermented bean bean but like it anyway.

Ingredients:
  • 1 kg Clams, cleaned and soaked in salted water for 20 mins
  • 1 tablespoon Oil
  • 2 tablespoon minced Garlic
  • 1 tablespoon Miso
  • 2 tablespoon Mirin or Chinese Cooking Wine
  • 1 Red Chilli, de-seeded and chopped
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • Corn Flour Mixture

How to do it:
  1. Heat wok with oil and stir fry garlic and chilli till fragrant.
  2. Add miso and sugar and contine to stir fry for another minute.
  3. Dish everything out.
  4. In the same wok, add in the clams and mirin.
  5. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
  6. Add in the miso seasoning made earlier.
  7. Stir fry and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
  8. Remove clams that did not open.
  9. Thicken the sauce with corn flour mixture.
  10. Dish and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment