My original plan was to make spicy clams but realised I had some ingredients short. Hence, I decided to tweak the recipe a little.
I had some miso left. I save a little to use on this dish after using some of it to make miso soup my kids.
My husband could tell I used miso and thought it tasted a little like fermented bean bean but like it anyway.
- 1 kg Clams, cleaned and soaked in salted water for 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Miso
- 2 tablespoon Mirin or Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 Red Chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Corn Flour Mixture
How to do it:
- Heat wok with oil and stir fry garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- Add miso and sugar and contine to stir fry for another minute.
- Dish everything out.
- In the same wok, add in the clams and mirin.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the miso seasoning made earlier.
- Stir fry and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove clams that did not open.
- Thicken the sauce with corn flour mixture.
- Dish and serve immediately.