This is one of my childhood dish that I often eat at my aunt's place. Sadly, it doesn't come close to the taste that I can recall but still acceptable. Plus point for this dish is it's fast and easy to cook. I'm using mid joint wings for this dish. You can use drumsticks chopped into smaller pieces, which is what my aunt used to do.
- 6 Mid Joint Wings or 2 Drumstick chopped into 3 pcs each
- 1 Large Onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 Red Chilli, de-seed and sliced into pieces
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce (I use Tiger Premium Dark Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 200ml Water
How to do it:
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for half an hour.
- Deep fry chicken till golden brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat wok with a tablespoon of oil.
- Fry onion and chilli till fragrant.
- Add in the chicken and seasonings.
- Stir fry to coat well with seasonings.