Not too long ago, I went to the supermarket to get Hoisin Sauce but grab the Plum Sauce instead. I only realised my mistake when I got home. Hence, I used it as a dipping sauce when I buy roasted duck.
At the rate I'm using it, I know it will end up in the bin when it expired, Not wanting to waste it, I experiment it with one of my rib dish and it went really well.
- 500g Pork Ribs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Power or 1 teaspoon grated garlic
Sauce to mix well:
- 2 tablespoon Plum Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
How to do it:
- Marinate pork ribs with marinade for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the ribs for about 5 minutes or 80% done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the sauce in a wok.
- Add in the rib.
- Mix the rib well with the sauce.
- Toss well till the sauce thicken and ribs are completed cooked.
- Season with salt.
- Dish and serve.