I had this for one of my late dinner. After cooking for the kids and again for my husband, I didn't really have appetite to eat, especially looking at the amount of washing I have to do.
Needless to say, I became hunger a few hours later. :P
Ingredients for Avocado Salad:
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 5 Cherry Tomato, halve
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Same chopped Spring Onion
- 1 teaspoon Japanese Mayonnaise
- a dash of pepper
How to do it:
- Mix and toss all ingredients just before serving.
Ingredients for Omelette:
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Cornflour
- a dash of pepper (optional)
- 1/2 small Red Pepper
- 1-2 slices Cheese
- Oil for frying
How to do it:
- Blister the red pepper by cooking the skin side over fire till all charred.
- Place the red pepper into a plastic bag.
- Close it with air inside (like a balloon) and shake it hard to make the charred skin come off.
- Remove and rinse it with water.
- Julienne the red pepper and set aside
- Add corn flour to the eggs and mix well.
- Season the eggs with pepper if you like.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the pan.
- Swirl the pan to spread the egg
- When the egg is 80% cooked, add the red pepper and cheese on 1 side of the egg.
- Cover the egg with the other side to seal the egg.
- Flip over to cook on the other side for half a minute.
- Dish and serve with avocado salad.
Do not add salt as the cheese as salty enough.