I had to re-do my blog again as I was informed that it was 'out of sort'. It seems that the side widgets are all over the place. It was fine viewing from my computer. Hopefully, it's proper now and do let me know if you find it taking an unreasonable time to load. Thanks!
This is my son's current 'favourite dinner'. He as been asking me to cook fried rice almost everyday last week. This is the base of the fried rice and I'll add other ingredients, like sausages, beans, carrots, corn, peas, etc to it. This meant, he had different fried rice everyday; in a way. ;)
- 1 bowl of cooked rice
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- 4 clove Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- a pinch of salt
- A dash of pepper and ground black pepper
How to do it:
- Add oil and garlic in wok.
- Fry garlic while oil is heating. This prevent the garlic getting burn to fast and the oil will more fragrant.
- Drain garlic once it's lightly golden and set aside.
- Using the same oil for frying the garlic, add in the rice.
- Stir in the seasoning.
- Toss and fry well till the rice is well combined with the seasoning and heated.
- Break the egg on the rice and quickly stir fry to mix the rice and egg well.
- Continue frying till egg is cooked and rice is dry.
- Add in the fry garlic and toss to combine.
- Dish and serve.
- What you see here is freshly cooked rice. I don't use overnight rice because we prefer rice that's softer. You can use overnight rice if you prefer.
- If you want to add meat or veggies, stir-fry them after frying the garlic. Dish out and set aside. Add into your rice after step 8.
* Garlic Fried with Sakura Ebi*